Tutti Frutti Chiffon
6 Egg Yolks (65g eggs with shell)
40g Sunflower/corn Oil
30g unsalted Butter, melted
100g Full cream Milk
120g Self Raising Flour
25g Almond meal
50g finely chopped candied cherries, coated with flour
30g Caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
6 Egg Whites
80g Caster Sugar
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
Preheat oven to 160C lowest rack.
1. Mix yolks, melted butter, oil, milk and 30g sugar in a bowl, stirring with a whisk until sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
2. Mix together almond meal, self raising flour and salt. Set aside.
3. Whisk egg whites until foamy then add in cream of tartar and whisk while gradually adding in the sugar until glossy and firm. Set aside.
4. To the yolk batter, add the flour mixture and stir gently until just mixed.
5. Fold 1/3 of the meringue to the egg yolk batter and mix until batter is lightened. Add in the remaining meringue in 2 portions and fold until no streaks of batter can be seen.
6. Pour batter into 20cm tube pan and bake in preheated oven at 160*C for 60 minutes or until cooked.
7. Remove from oven and immediately invert to cool completely before unmoulding.