Blue Lagoon Chiffon
110g plain flour
10g corn flour
25g coconut powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 egg yolks
70g corn oil
20g concentrated bluepea flower juice
6 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
100g caster sugar
a few drops of ocean blue gel colour
1. Sift both flours, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
2. Mix egg yolks together with bluepea juice, oil and water until well blended. Sift in flour mixture and mix until combined.
3. Beat egg whites until frothy, add in cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add in sugar and beat to firm peaks.
4. Lighten the batter with 1/3 portion of the meringue using a hand whisk. Then add another 1/3 portion of the meringue and gently fold. Repeat with the remaining portion until fully incorporated.
5. Remove 1/3 portion of the batter and a few drops of color. Mix until blended in and pour back into the main batter.
6. Gently pour the batter in a circular motion into an 8″ tube pan until complete.
7. Bang the cake pan on the kitchen bench to remove large air bubbles.
Bake the cake at 160C for 70-80 minutes or until cake is done. After removing cake from the oven, immediately invert to cool completely before unmoulding.