- 300g bread flour
- 30g sugar
- 2g salt
- 1 small egg (50g without shell)
- 145g milk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 30g unsalted butter at room temperature
- In a stand mixer, add all the ingredients of the dough expect butter, knead on low speed for 5-7 minutes. And then add butter in; continue kneading until you get a smooth, elastic and soft dough.
- Remove the dough on to a slightly floured surface and grab one end and smash it several times on the surface to strengthen the gluten.
- Roll into a ball and place in a large bowl, and allow to proof until doubled.
- Transfer the dough out and roll out the dough to about 4-5cm thick. Using a pizza cutter, cut out 11 x 11cm square. Transfer into a lined 11 x 11cm pan. Press into the corners. ( I shaped the left over dough into two buns). Cover with a damp cloth and allow to proof 30 minutes before baking in a preheated oven at 170C for 20 minutes. Rotate half way to get even browning.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and cool down. Once cooled, cut a few shallow slits on the bread and apply mayonnaise all over.
- Sprinkle chicken floss on top and roll up as you would a swiss roll. Cut into 1 inch slices, and apply mayonnaise on the cut sides and stick on more chicken floss.