Recipe by Meg Tan
500g mixed fruits (to be soaked in 3 tablespoons of brandy or rum or orange juice) – I used a mixture of raisins, cranberries, dates, cherries
50g orange peel (original is 83g)
5.3 oz (150g) butter
4.6 oz (130g) brown sugar
5 oz (142g) self raising flour
2 oz (57g) plain flour
3 large eggs (mine is 70g each)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 160C. Prepare an 8″ round or 7″ square tin, fully lined and greased.
1. Cream butter with sugar until creamy and pale.
2. Add eggs one by one, beating well after each addition.
3. Add sifted flours and mix until well incorporated.
4. Last, add the mixed fruits and use a spatula to fold in until evenly distributed.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour 5 minutes (original is 2 hours) or until golden. Tent with foil at the last 25 mins.
6. Allow to cool completely before brushing with brandy. Keep in an air tight container and brush with brandy or rum every other day.