Coffee Bean Cookies
(Yield about 100 beans)
110g Butter (unsalted)
50g Icing sugar
pinch of salt
3g coffee powder
10g Cocoa powder
100g All purpose flour
80g potato starch
1. Beat slightly softened butter with icing sugar until soft and smooth, about 1 minute. Do not over beat or your cookies will spread too much.
2. Add sifted flours/coffee/cocoa powder and salt and mix evenly to form a smooth dough.
3. Divide the dough into 4g each, roll them into oval shapes and with a plastic knife/cutter, make a slit in the middle of the cookie to resemble coffee beans.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 150C about 20-30 minutes or until cooked.
5. Store the cookies into the air-tight container once they are cooled.