Super Fine Butter Cake
113g unsalted butter
120g cake flour (mixed 100g plain flour with 20g corn flour)
2 tablespoons dry powdered milk
1 tablespoon corn syrup (you may replace with honey or maple syrup)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 170C degrees. Line the bottom and grease a 8 x 4″ loaf pan.
- Beat room temperature butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, milk powder and baking powder together and add half of this into the butter mixture. Mix briefly to combine, add corn syrup, lemon juice, salt, vanilla and mix with low speed until combine. Add the balance flour and beat on low speed until evenly mixed.
- Transfer into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until evenly brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before unmoulding and cool on the rack.