Light Chocolate Cotton Cheese Cake
125g cream cheese
50g Chocolate either semi sweet or dark
40g butter (salted)
30g corn flour (sifted)
20g castor sugar
3 eggs (separate yolks and whites)
1tsp lemon juice
50g castor sugar
1. First preheat oven at 150 degree C and line bottom of an 7″ round cake pan. Grease the sides.
2. Melt cheese with 20g sugar, chocolate and butter in a double boiler, whisking until u get a smooth batter. Remove from heat. Add in cold milk and whisk until smooth.
3. Whisk in the egg yolks. Add corn flour and whisk again until well combined.
4. Next beat up egg whites on high speed and add lemon juice and spoonfuls of the 50g castor sugar until u get firm peaks meringue.
5. Add 1/3 of the meringue into the cheese mixture and gently fold until combined. Repeat with another 1/3 until all is used up.
6. Transfer batter into prepared pan.
7. Bake the cakes in water bath for 70-80 minutes or until cooked.
8. Remove from oven, leave to cool a few minutes before unmoulding. Chill well before cutting with serrated knife to get neat slices.