Red Velvet Cheese Cake Brownies
Adapted from here
113g unsalted butter
60g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
100g castor sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tso red food coloring
100g all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
For Cheese layer:
250g cream cheese, room temperature
50g castor sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp lemon juice
Preheat oven to 170C. Grease the sides and line the bottom of an 8 inch brownies baking pan. Let the parchment paper to over hang on two sides of the pan for easy unmoulding later.Grease the paper as well.
1. In a small pan, melt butter and chocolate together until smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl, whisk sugar, eggs, vanilla and red coloring together until combined. Pour in the chocolate mixture and stir until well blended.
3. Add the flour and salt to the mixture and mix with a hand whisk until just combined.
4. Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread until even. Set aside.
5. Cream the cheese and sugar until smooth before adding the eggs and lemon juice. Cream for a couple of minutes until smooth.
6. Transfer dollops of the cream cheese mixture on to the brownies batter. Use a bread knife to swirl the batters together.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out with a few crumbs sticking to it.
8. Allow to cool completely in pan before unmoulding by lifting the parchment paper. Cut into squares and serve.