120g self raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
5 egg yolks (large eggs 65g above)
70g corn oil
80g mango flesh + 50g milk, blend together
6 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
100g caster sugar
1. Sift flour and salt together. Set aside.
2. Mix egg yolks together with mango puree, oil and stir until well blended. Sift in flour mixture and mix until combined.
3. Beat egg whites until frothy, add in cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add in sugar and beat to firm peaks.
4. Lighten the batter with 1/3 portion of the meringue using a hand whisk. Then add another 1/3 portion of the meringue and gently fold. Repeat with the remaining portion until fully incorporated.
5. Gently pour the batter in a circular motion into an 8″ tube pan until complete.
6. Bang the cake pan on the kitchen bench to remove large air bubbles.
Steam bake the cake at 160C for 80-90 minutes or until cake is done. After removing cake from the oven, immediately invert to cool complete before unmoulding.