Pumpkin Sweet Bread (Roti sisir)
Roti Sisir (Sweet Bread loaf)
Recipe adapted from Fen.z from Instagram
250g bread flour
20g castor sugar
30g milk powder
4g instant yeast
100g pumpkin puree
25 g whipping cream or milk (add more or less, depending on your pumpkin puree)
30g Unsalted butter, slightly softened
You need a 27cm x 7.5cm x 5cm pan (the ends are higher to prevent the bread from flowing over the rim)
1. Mixed all ingredients except butter in mixer bowl, until a smooth dough forms.
2. Add butter and continue to knead to window pane.
3. Remove from mixing bowl and give it a few kneads. Divide the dough into 40g each. You should get 15-16 pieces.
4. Roll out into a flat into an oval shape making the ends slightly thinner than the centre. Fold from the shorter sides into two and press lightly to seal. You have the option of brushing some softened butter on the bottom end before placing this (oval side at the bottom) into the greased pan. The buttered side facing out. Repeat and place into the pan one by one until complete. Try to do this as fast as you can to avoid the first few to proof faster than the last ones in.
5. Cover and allow to proof until dough is about 1cm from the rim. Brush the surface with some milk/egg mixture before baking in preheated oven at 190C for 20-25 minutes. Tent if necessary.
6.After baked, unmould immediately and allow to cool on the rack.