125g softened butter (omit salt if using salted butter)
80g castor sugar
50g soft brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Medium sized eggs
160g all purpose or cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
185g butter milk
250g blueberries (can be fresh or frozen)
Preheat oven to 180C. Line Muffin pan with 12 cupcakes liners. Sift flour with baking powder and salt if using.
1. Cream sugar and butter together until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Add eggs one at time, beating well before adding another.
2. Add 1/3 flour mixture followed by half the buttermilk and repeat until the last portion of flour is added in. Scrape the sides and use a spatula to mix until well combined.
3. Scoop batter into prepared cupcakes liners and insert 5-6 fresh or frozen blueberries into each cupcake.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove from muffin pan and cool on wire rack.