Dates/Banana/Gula Melaka Cake
200g mashed bananas
150g chopped dates
80g gula melaka (melt with 50g of water) then add bananas and dates
125g Unsalted butter
180g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Utensils:- 2 Loaf pans: 6″x 3.5″x2.5″(measure from top)
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
2. Add eggs a little at a time to avoid curdling, beat well.
3. Add 1/3 of sifted flour/baking powder/baking soda, followed by half the dates/banana/gula mixture. Mix well on Speed 1 of your mixer.
4. Add another 1/3 of flour mixture, followed by remaining dates mixture and mix well again.
5. Finally, add the balance of flour mixture. Mix well and switch to spatula to really mix until well combined.
6. Transfer to prepared pans and baked at 180C for 40-45 minutes or until done.