240g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon powder
160g fine sugar
120g corn oil
160g blended canned pineapples
200g shredded carrots (can replace with bananas to make it a hummingbird cake)
50-60g of roasted chopped walnuts for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 170°C middle rack. Grease and line 2 x 8 inch round pans.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and use a hand whisk to stir until combined. Set aside.
3. In another bowl add corn oil, eggs, blended pineapple and mix till well combine. Finally using a spatula, fold in the shredded carrots until combined.
4. Divide the batter into the 2 pans and bake for 30 minutes. Turn the pans half way through the baking to achieve even browning.
5. Remove and cool on wire rack for a few minutes before unmoulding to cool completely. Frost your cake if desired.
250g Cream Cheese, softened
100g non-dairy topping cream
40g Icing Sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Whip the cream cheese with the icing sugar until soft, add the lemon juice then set aside.
2. In another bowl, whip the topping cream to soft peak then add the prepared cream cheese and continue to whisk until smooth and creamy before use. I did the open layer frosting and have some left over cream.