There are many names for this cookie but I’ll stick to the original name of Semperit Cookies
125g Butter, softened to room temperature
1/4 cup of condensed milk
185g of corn flour
1 Tablespoon custard powder
1. In a mixing bowl, place the softened butter and condensed and mix using a hand whisk, until combined and smooth. Do not over mix or the cookies will flatten when baked.
2. Add in both the flours and use a sturdy spatula to mix into a smooth dough.
You can also switch to using your hands after the ingredients are more or less mixed in.
3. Place some dough into your semperit mould and press out the cookies on to a lined baking sheet. I used my thumb to push the dough through a piping nozzle as I only made a small batch.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 150C for 20 minutes then lower to 130C for a further 20 minutes. This is to prevent the cookies from turning brown. Adjust the temperature according to your oven.
5. Cool completely before storing in air tight containers.